Santa Fe Corn Chili
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sweet corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with zesty mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) chili seasoning mix
- Sauce:3/4 cup dairy sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons green hot pepper sauce
- Brown ground beef with garlic in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 6 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking beef up into small crumbles. Pour off drippings.
- Stir in beans, corn, tomato sauce, tomatoes and chili seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine sour cream and pepper sauce in small bowl. Serve with chili.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and zinc, and a good source of iron.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.