Santa Fe Chops with Firecracker Salsa
- 6 boneless pork center loin chops, 1 1/2-inch thick
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 1 Tbs ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Firecracker Salsa1 jalapeño chile, seeded and minced (wear rubber gloves when handling hot chile)
- 1 20 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- pinch salt
- In small bowl mix together chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt. Rub evenly onto both sides of chops. Prepare a medium-hot fire in a kettle-style grill. Grill chops directly over fire for a total of 12-15 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160° F. Serve with Firecracker Salsa.
- Firecracker SalsaIn small bowl stir together pineapple tidbits, diced cucumber, lime juice, brown sugar, salt, and jalapeño chile. Cover and refrigerate 4-24 hours to allow flavors to blend.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.