Salmon Potato Chowder
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 fresh fennel bulb, chopped
- 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 whole teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 red bliss potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 1-pound salmon fillets, skinned and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Melt the butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and fennel and sweat for 4 minutes, until tender.
- Add the thyme, fennel seeds, bay leaves, and salt and stir to coat the vegetables.
- Add the potatoes, stock, and tomato juice and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat, partially cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add salmon and simmer 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the heavy cream and fresh tarragon.
- To serve, remove the bay leaves, ladle the soup into bowls, and top with the chopped parsley.
Nutrition Note: Nutrition Facts calculated using a serving size of 1 cup.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.