Salmon on a Bed of Leeks
- 1 bunch leeks (3 to 4)
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or vermouth
- 2 6-8-ounce salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons grated Gruyere cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trim green tops and root ends from leeks; slit vertically into quarters, leaving 1/3 inch intact at root end. Separate sections and wash under cold running water; drain well.
- In 10-inch sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often, until leeks are wilted. Stir in wine, arrange salmon on leeks, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 5 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over salmon, cover and cook another 3 to 5 minutes or until salmon is opaque around edges and firm, and cheese is melted.
- Transfer to warm dinner plate with broad spatula and serve immediately.
Cooking Tip: Cooking fish with vermouth means no "fishy" smell in the house.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.