- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions (white and green parts)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 lb skinless wild salmon fillets, bones removed, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the scallions and cook for 2 minutes, or until translucent. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the lemon juice and cook for 4 minutes, or until almost all the liquid evaporates. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Place the raw salmon in a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground. Add to the scallions. Mix in the egg, dill, and pepper. Form into 4 equal patties.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon (15 ml) oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the patties for about 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.