Roasted Red Pepper and Olive Scacciata
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups sliced olives
- 1/3 cup semolina flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 3 Tbs prepared pesto
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florettes, blanched and chopped
- 4 oz grated fontina cheese
- 3/4 cup (6 oz.) roasted red bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together water, 1 Tablespoon flour, yeast and sugar. Allow to sit for 5 minutes until foamy. Stir in 1/2 cup olives, semolina flour, salt, oil and remaining all purpose flour. Knead for 7-9 minutes until soft and smooth. Set aside for 45-60 minutes in a loosely covered, well-oiled bowl, until dough has doubled in size.
- Divide dough into two pieces (8 1/2 ounce). Roll each piece into a 10-inch circle. Place one disc into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan with 2-inch high sides. Spread pesto over the bottom of the dough. Top with a layer of broccoli. Sprinkle with cheese and place remaining olives on top. Finish with a layer of roasted peppers.
- Cover with remaining dough, pinching dough together at the sides so that filling is completely enclosed. Bake in a 450oF oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crusty. Allow to cool slightly, then cut into 6 wedges and serve.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.