Rio Bravo Rice-stuffed Poblanos
- 6 large poblano peppers
- cooking oil
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded smoked Gouda or cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves plus additional for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slit each pepper lengthwise so peppers can later be stuffed with rice filling. Carefully remove loose seeds and veins, keeping stem intact. Rub pepper generously with oil and place on baking sheet. Combine rice, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, corn and cilantro in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide mixture to stuff each pepper; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes, until peppers are crisp-tender and filling is heated through. Garnish with cilantro.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.