Rigatoni with Chicken
- 2 medium leeks
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 12 oz rigatoni, uncooked
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz white meat chicken, 1-inch (2cm) cubes
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, canned, drained
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (pignolia)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, if desired
- Wash leeks by soaking them in cold water and then running cold water over them to remove all dirt and grit.
- Slice leeks into 1/2-inch (1cm) pieces, using all the white part, and about 2 inches (5cm) of the light green part.
- Soak sun dried tomatoes in 1/2 cup (120mL) water for 15 minutes.
- Cook rigatoni in rapidly boiling water until al dente. Drain and reserve.
- Remove tomatoes from soaking water, reserving liquid, and slice into strips, about 4 strips per half tomato.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch (30cm) (or larger) nonstick skillet and sauté leeks for 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute more. Remove from skillet.
- Place chicken pieces in skillet and cook for 10 minutes, or until the pieces are cooked through. Return leeks and garlic to the pan and add sun dried tomatoes, soaking water, artichoke hearts and oregano. Cook, uncovered, stirring occaisionally for 5 minutes.
- Pour in wine and simmer for 5 minutes more. Add pine nuts. Stir.
- Transfer rigatoni to the pan and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Sprinkle chopped parsely over the top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.