Reunion Pasta Salad
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb bag frozen bean and carrot mixture (baby carrots, green and yellow beans)
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 8 oz package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Dressing1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp basil leaves
- 1 tsp oregano leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- Cut chicken into 1-inch chunks. Salt and pepper lightly, if desired.
- In medium bowl, blend dressing ingredients.
- In Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, adding frozen vegetables after 8 minutes. Return to a boil. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender. Rinse in cold water to cool; drain.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook and stir 7 to 9 minutes or until chicken is browned and internal juices run clear.
- In very large bowl, combine pasta, vegetables, chicken, mushrooms and tomatoes; mix well. Add dressing to salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate thoroughly before serving.
- Serve at family reunions and other large gatherings.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.