Ravioli with Fire-Roasted Tomatoes and Olives
- 3 lbs Roma tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) thinly sliced yellow onions
- 3/4 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 Tbs chopped capers
- 1 1/2 Tbs chopped tarragon
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 5 cups (1 1/2 pounds) cooked cheese filled ravioli
- In a large bowl, toss tomatoes with 2 Tablespoons olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Grill tomatoes over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes per side, then transfer to a clean bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- When tomatoes are cool enough to handle, peel away charred skin and discard. Set aside tomatoes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until tender. Stir in olives, white wine, capers, tarragon and tomato paste. Mix in grilled tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to break down tomatoes. Remove from heat and toss with cheese ravioli just before serving.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.