Ratatouille Lentil Soup
- 4 cups water
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Japanese eggplant, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 zucchini, diced into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 cup olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Bring water, tomatoes, lentils and red wine to a boil in a large pot. Season with cumin and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, turn heat down to low and simmer for 35-40 minutes.
- While lentils are cooking, toss eggplant, peppers and zucchini in a large bowl with olive oil, garlic and remaining salt. Spread onto a baking sheet in one even layer and roast in a 450°F oven for 12-15 minutes until golden. Transfer cooked vegetables to lentils and stir in olives and basil.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.