Rainbow Trout with Horseradish Crust and Saffron Sauce
- 7 1/2 oz rye bread, sliced
- 3 Tbs minced dill weed
- 3 Tbs prepared horseradish
- 4 oz smoked salmon, minced
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 12 4 ounces rainbow trout fillets
- saffron, for garnish
- Saffron Sauce3 cups fish stock
- 3 cups cream
- 2 pinches saffron
- salt and pepper
- Finely chop rye bread. Mix in dill weed, horseradish, smoked salmon, pepper, and melted butter; reserve.
- Per filet, apply 1/2 cup crust mixture to flesh side of trout. Broil until trout turns opaque or crust turns golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve with 1/4 cup Saffron Sauce; garnish with a few saffron threads.
- Saffron SauceStir together 3 cups each fish stock and cream with 2 pinches saffron. Cook until reduced by half; season with salt and pepper. Reserve.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.