Rainbow Trout Fajitas
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 12 boneless rainbow trout fillets, 4 ounces each
- 3 large onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 large red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 large green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 24 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 cups prepared salsa
- 3 cups guacamole
- 3 cups sour cream
- 24 lime wedges
- Combine lime juice, cilantro, garlic, cumin, and 2 tablespoons oil; pour over trout. Cover and marinate, refrigerated, at least 30 minutes. Combine onion and peppers; divide into 12 portions. Wrap individual portions and refrigerate.
- Per fillet, sauté 1 portion of onion mixture in 2 teaspoons oil until just tender; reserve. Remove 1 trout fillet from marinade; grill or sauté until just done, about 2 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, on a very hot griddle, heat 2 tortillas on both sides. Remove and discard trout skin; plate with hot tortillas and reserved onion mixture. Garnish with 1/3 cup salsa, 1/4 cup guacamole, 1/4 cup sour cream, and 2 lime wedges.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.