- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- fresh mint leaves
- Place the quinoa in a large sieve and rinse with cold water; drain. Transfer to a medium saucepan. Add the broth, bay leaf, oil, salt, pepper, and turmeric. Bring to a boil over medium heat, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Stir in the tomato, onion, olives (if using), currants, and lemon zest. Transfer to a serving dish and top with the mint.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.