Quick Vegetarian Curry
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2-inch (1-cm) piece of fresh ginger, cut into very thin strips
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 or 3 medium-sized potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch (1-cm) cubes
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small flowers
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp organic cane sugar or honey
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 to 2 cups (240 to 480mL) coconut milk
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat a 1 1/2-quart (1.2-L) skillet. Add the oil.
- Add the ginger, cumin, and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds pop, add the potatoes and cauliflower, browning slightly.
- Next add the turmeric, coriander, curry, sugar, and salt. Sauté a minute or two longer.
- Combine the tomato paste and coconut milk; add to the vegetables along with the beans.
- Continue simmering until the vegetables are fork-tender, then add the chopped cilantro.
- Serve over rice with chapatis.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.