Quick Mushroom and White Bean Stew
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 2 cans (13 3/4 ounces each) ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut into bit-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white (cannellini) beans, drained
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepot, heat oil until hot. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic and thyme; cook and stir until onion is very tender and mushrooms are slightly golden, about 7 minutes. Add chicken broth, tomatoes with their liquid, and wine; bring to a boil; cover and simmer to blend flavors, about 15 minutes. In a small bowl, mash 1 cup of the beans until smooth; add to stew. Stir in remaining beans; heat until hot.
- Serve immediately with a mound of steamed rice, if desired.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.