Quick, Easy, Healthy Veggie Pasta Recipe
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 25.5 oz jar of pasta sauce
- 18 oz whole wheat pasta
- 2 Tbs fresh parmesean or mozarella, shredded
- Dried oregano (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, add salt to taste. Drain and set aside.
- Add 2 tsp olive oil to a pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic, red pepper and red onions, saute for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce to the pot (so your sauce will become more chunky because of the fresh veggies) and bring to a simmer.
- Add dried oregano to taste and stir, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Take 1 cup pasta and 1/2 cup sauce and put on a plate. Top with 2 Tbs cheese. Enjoy!
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.