Quick Chicken and Mushroom Indian Curry
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms (white or crimini)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 Tbs mild Indian curry paste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into quarters
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 3 cups small broccoli or cauliflower florets
- 1 can (19 oz) lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup plain low fat yogurt
- In large deep non-stick saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and stir-fry 2-3 minutes and then add mushrooms and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in garlic, 3 tbsp curry paste and cinnamon; then add quartered chicken thighs and stir-fry 2-3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes with juice; cover and reduce heat to medium-low and cook about 10 minutes. Taste and stir in more curry if desired. Add broccoli or cauliflower and lentils; bring to boil, cover and cook about 3-5 minutes or until broccoli is crisp and tender. Stir in cilantro and serve topped with a dollop of yogurt. Accompany it with naan bread or basmati rice.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.