Quick Beef Fajitas with Pico de Gallo
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 8 medium flour tortillas, warmed
- Marinade:2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pico de Gallo:1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup prepared picante sauce or salsa
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Combine Pico de Gallo ingredients in medium bowl.
- Remove steak; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Carve across the grain into thin slices. Serve in tortillas with Pico de Gallo.
To broil, place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 13 to 18 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.