Quick and Healthy Indian Mixed Vegetable “Sabji”
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tiny pinch of hing (asafetida)
- 1/3 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (or 1/2 of a green chili if you have one)
- 1.5 cups frozen veggies (see picture below)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add mustard and cumin seeds. Let them fry in the oil until you hear them pop/sizzle.
- Once they pop, add the hing, turmeric, cayenne (or green chile).
- Stir the spices, and then add the veggies. Stir the veggies until the spices are evenly incorporated. Let the veggies cook, continually stirring for about 10 minutes. Add salt to taste in the last minute or so of cooking.
- Serve with roti, daal and/or spiced yogurt.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.