- 6 eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- sugar for dish
- Heat oven to 375°F. Coat 4 lightly greased 8-ounce soufflé dishes evenly and completely with sugar. Place in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in mixer bowl with whisk attachment on high speed until foamy. Beating constantly, add 1/2 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp at a time, beating after each addition until sugar is dissolved before adding the next. (Rub a bit of mixture between thumb and forefinger; it should feel completely smooth.) Continue beating until whites are glossy and stand in soft peaks.
- Beat egg yolks in separate bowl on high speed until thick and lemon-colored. Fold in pumpkin and pie spice. Gently but thoroughly fold yolk mixture into whites until no streaks of white remain. Pour into soufflé dishes, dividing evenly.
- Place pan with soufflé dishes on rack in middle of 375°F oven. Pour very hot water into pan to within 1/2 inch of top of dishes. Bake until soufflés are puffy and delicately browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.