Pulled Pork with Peach Olive Jam
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 lbs pork shoulder roast
- Kosher slat and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, quartered
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz dried peaches
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 cup olives wedged
- 2 tsp country mustard
- 1 oz arugula
- 8 onion rolls, split and toasted
- Heat oil in a large high sided sauté pan over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt and pepper to taste and place in pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Stir in garlic and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes. Pour in chicken broth, peaches and chili powder and bring to a boil. Cover loosely with foil and place in a 375°F oven for 2 hours.
- Carefully remove peaches with a slotted spoon and transfer to a small mixing bowl. Stir in olives and mustard and set aside. Continue to cook pork in oven for an additional 30-60 minutes until fork tender. Allow to cool slightly, then shred by pulling apart with fork. Assemble sandwiches by spooning pork onto toasted rolls. Top with arugula and peach olive mixture.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.