Puerto Vallarta Fish Stew
- 1 Tbs canola oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion (1/4-inch)
- 2 cups diced zucchini (1/4-inch)
- 2 Tbs minced fresh jalapenos
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 cups fish stock
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless, skinless snapper fillets, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- Heat oil in a large saucepot over medium heat. Add yellow onions and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Stir in zucchini, jalapenos and garlic and continue cooking for 2 more minutes until lightly browned. Pour in fish stock and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add snapper, cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in olives, cilantro and lime juice. Season to taste with salt. Serve hot.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.