Provençal Poached Salmon Dinner with Mushrooms
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 5 cups mixed mushrooms (crimini, white, shiitake), thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp herbes de Provence
- 4 salmon fillets (5 oz each)
- chopped parsley or pea sprouts (optional)
- Mashed Potatoes4-5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (1 1/2 lbs)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- In large 12-inch (30 cm) non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms and onions for 3-5 minutes or until just starting to brown. Add broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper and ½ tsp (2 mL) herbes de Provence; bring to boil. Arrange salmon in single layer on top; sprinkle remaining 1 tsp ( 5 mL) herbes de Provence evenly on salmon. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer over for 10 minutes or until fish flakes readily with a fork. Spoon mashed potatoes onto dinner plates; flattening slightly. Top with salmon and spoon mushroom sauce over all. Sprinkle with chopped parsley or pea sprouts if desired.
- *Tip: Herbes de Provence is a mixture of rosemary, marjoram, thyme, savory, and basil. If desired, substitute ½ tsp each crumbled dried thyme and dried rosemary leaves for herbes de Provence.
- Mashed Potatoes: Peel and quarter 4-5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (1½ lbs). Place in 1½ qt. microwave bowl with about ¼ cup water. Cover and microwave on high, about 10 minutes, stirring once, or until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes with ¼ cup light sour cream; mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.