Provençal Grilled Tuna Salad
- 4 (5 to 6 oz.) tuna steaks, 3/4 to 1-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons white wine or broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups packed torn salad greens
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- vegetable cooking spray
- Measure thickness of fish to determine cooking time; place in a glass dish.
- To make vinaigrette, combine wine and next 5 ingredients in a jar with tight fitting lid. Shake well.
- Pour 2 tablespoons over fish, add garlic and turn to coat. Marinate 15 to 30 minutes, turning once. Reserve remaining vinaigrette for salad dressing.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray and place on grill to heat 1 minute. Place tuna on grill 4 to 6 inches over hot coals. Cover with lid or tent with foil. Cook, turning once, just until tuna begins to flake easily when tested with a fork, about 7 minutes. Discard marinade.
- Meanwhile, arrange salad greens on 4 plates. Place hot tuna on greens and add cherry tomatoes. Shake remaining vinaigrette and drizzle over salads.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.