Prosciutto & Asiago Rice Cakes With Pesto Aioli
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs prepared basil pesto
- 3 cups cooked medium grain white rice
- 2/3 cup grated asiago cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 oz thinly sliced prosciutto (Italian cured ham), chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Combine mayonnaise and pesto in small bowl; refrigerate. Combine rice, cheese, eggs, prosciutto and pepper in large bowl and mix well. Shape into 20 patties, about 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Saute half the patties 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown; remove from pan. Cook remaining patties, using additional oil, if needed. Serve with pesto aioli sauce.
Substitution Tip: Sun-dried tomato pesto may be substituted.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.