- 2 lbs lean beef, cubed
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 oz tomato paste
- 1 can (1 pound 13 ounces) hominy
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add beef and sauté.
- Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper, cilantro, and enough water to cover meat. Stir to mix ingredients evenly. Cover pot and cook over low heat until meat is tender.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Continue cooking for about 20 minutes.
- Add hominy and continue cooking another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. If too thick, add water for desired consistency.
Substitution Tip: Skinless, boneless chicken breasts can be used instead of beef cubes.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.