Portabella Omelet Topped with Portabella Bacon
- Portabella Omelet1 medium portabella mushroom
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tsp water
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup (about 3/4 ounce) Swiss cheese, grated
- Portabella Mushroom Bacon2 portabella mushrooms, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp grill seasoning, mesquite
- Portabella OmeletRemove stem from mushroom. Cut mushroom in half and thinly slice. Heat a 10-inch non-stick sauté pan over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes, just until gently browned.
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and add the green onions, water, salt and pepper. Beat with a fork until combined.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan and swirl to evenly distribute. Gently add the egg mixture to the pan and swirl to distribute evenly. Top with the grated cheese, cook 5 minutes until egg is cooked through. Fold one side of omelet over the other half.
- Gently remove from pan and onto the serving plate. Top with the portabella bacon and serve.
- Portabella Mushroom BaconHeat oven to 325° F. Brush sliced mushrooms with olive oil and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle seasoning over the mushrooms and place in oven. Bake 50 minutes, or until crisp, turning each slice over every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and spread on cooling rack.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.