Pork 'n Kraut Skillet
- 4 boneless pork sirloin chops, 1-1/2-inch thick
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 16-oz. can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbs dried minced onion
- 2 tsp caraway seed
- 1 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1 large tart apple, cored and sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/4 cup water
- In large skillet, brown chops in hot oil for 3-5 minutes per side, or until nicely browned. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Stir together sauerkraut, onion, caraway, thyme, apple, and water. Add to skillet; cover and cook 20-30 minutes or until apples are tender and meat is cooked.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.