Pork Burgers on Sandwich Buns
- 1 lb lean ground pork
- seasoned pepper
- 4 large soft sandwich buns
- Divide pork into four portions and shape into patties about 3/4-inch thick, handling meat as little as possible. Sprinkle both sides of patties with seasoned pepper. Grill over direct heat over medium-hot fire 5 minutes per side, turning once, until an instant read thermometer reads 160° F. Serve immediately on buns with favorite condiments.
- For regional burgers, top withSanta Fe Burger -- Fresh guacamole, spicy salsa and chile peppers. Serve open-faced on corn bread.
- Georgia Burger -- Fresh peach slices and crispy strips of bacon. Serve on a honey-wheat roll.
- Pacific Burger -- Sunflower seeds, grilled pineapple slice and honey Dijon-style mustard. Serve on sourdough bread.
- For international burgers, top withCaribbean Burger -- Mango slices, hot pepper sauce, slices of red onion and chopped fresh cilantro. Serve on grilled burger bun brushed with olive oil.
- Mediterranean Burger -- A mixture of plain yogurt, chopped fresh dill and chopped cucumber. Serve in a pita bread pocket.
- Italian Burger -- A dab of pesto and a mix of shredded mozzarella, Parmesan, Romano and provolone cheeses. Serve on focaccia.
- Thai Burger -- A peanut sauce mixture made from peanut butter, hot pepper oil and a dash of soy sauce. Serve on grilled burger bun brushed with hot pepper infused oil.
Nutrition Note: Nutrition is displayed only for the basic recipe, not the variations.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.