Pork, Brown Rice, Cherry, and Pecan Salad
- 4 boneless pork chops, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil, divided
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp orange zest, grated
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- leaf lettuce
- Heat one tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Stir-fry pork strips until lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes. In a small bowl stir together remaining oil, lemon juice, orange zest, sugar and salt. In a medium bowl, toss together rice, oranges, pecans and cherries with dressing. Arrange lettuce on a serving platter, mound rice in center, top with pork strips and garnish with extra chopped pecans, if desired.
Serving Suggestion: Cook rice, section oranges, chop pecans, and cherries, stir together dressing. Simple stir-fry pork at the last minute. Serve with warm dinner rolls.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.