- 4 stalks celery
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- dash ground allspice
- 1- 1/2 lbs boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cooking apples, cored, quartered and cut in half crosswise
- Cut celery into 1-inch pieces. In a small saucepan cook, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 10 minutes, drain and refrigerate.
- For marinade, in a small saucepan combine pineapple juice, oil, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and allspice; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes; stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Place pork in a shallow dish; pour marinade over pork. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pork, reserving marinade. On six 12-inch skewers thread pork cubes and celery, allowing space between cubes. Grill over medium coals about 10 minutes; turning frequently. Push cubes together; thread apple on skewers; grill an additional 5 minutes, brushing with marinade.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.