Pork and Pecan Salad with Honey-Balsamic Dressing
- 4 boneless pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce, torn (Boston or Bibb lettuce)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chops with salt and pepper and brush with a little oil. Cook, turning to brown evenly, until just done, 8-10 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160° F. Remove chops from skillet and keep warm. Add any remaining oil to skillet and quickly sauté garlic until tender, 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add honey and vinegar, cook and stir one minute or until heated through.
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, strawberries, celery and vinegar mixture. Divide lettuce mixture among individual plates. Slice pork chops, spread evenly over salads. Garnish with pecans.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.