Pork and Onions with Wild Rice
- 6 green onions
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tsp kitchen browning sauce
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounce) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice
- 1- 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Cut white part of green onions in 1-inch lengths; thinly slice green tops and set aside. Combine white onion with pork cubes, browning sauce and about half of rice seasoning packet in microwave-safe 1-quart casserole. Marinate 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
- Combine remaining rice seasoning packet, rice, water and cumin in microwave-safe 2-quart casserole; cover with lid or plastic wrap. Microwave (High) 4-5 minutes or until rice is hot and slightly cooked. Let stand covered about 5 minutes to finish cooking.
- Microwave pork mixture, covered with waxed paper, on High 5-6 minutes, stirring after each 2 minutes, until pork is done. Stir in green onion tops. Fluff rice with a fork and push towards edges of casserole. Spoon pork into center of rice.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.