Poblano, Mango, Avocado, and Black Bean Quesadillas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced red onion
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 fresh mango, diced
- 1/3 cup cubed peeled avocado
- 4 tortillas (or subsititute with whole wheat tortillas for a healthier meal)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat mexican cheese blend
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Chop all of your veggies.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, oregano, salt, pepper, and poblano, and sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add beans; cook a few minutes more or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat; stir in mango and avocado.
- Now it’s time for assembly. Take one tortilla, and arrange about 3/4 cup of the bean/veggie mixture on half of the tortilla. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp cheese over the bean mixture and fold the tortilla in half.
- You have two options for cooking. The way I cooked these was by spraying a large pan with cooking spray and heating over medium heat. I placed the quesadilla in the pan, and cooked it on either side until it was lightly browned (a few minutes on each side).
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.