- 1 recipe whole-grain pizza dough or 1 pound (455g) frozen whole wheat bread dough, thawed
- 3 Tbs cornmeal
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Favorite pizza toppings for filling
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Oil a baking sheet and then sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Divide dough into six pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece of dough into a large circle. Spread about 3 Tbsp (45mL) of marinara sauce on one side of circle. Sprinkle 3 Tbsp (25g) of cheese and other toppings as desired on top of sauce.
- Fold dough in half to form a half moon shape. Firmly pinch the edges together. Use a fork to poke a few holes in each pocket to let the steam escape. Place pizza pockets on prepared baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition note: Because pizza toppings may vary according to the recipe, they were not included in the nutrition facts.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.