Philly Pork Sandwiches
- 2 pork cube steaks (tenderized slices of boneless bottom round) cut in half, about 1-1/4 pounds total
- 2 Tbs garlic pepper
- 1 Tbs butter
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 4 large sandwich buns
- Caramelized Onions:4 cups yellow onions
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbs sugar
- Season steaks on both sides with garlic pepper. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; melt butter and cook pork quickly, browning nicely on both sides, about 4-5 minutes on each side. Serve steaks in buns topped with some Caramelized Onions and slice of cheese.
- Caramelized Onions:Thinly slice 4 cups yellow onions; heat two teaspoons each butter and olive oil in large skillet; add onions and one tablespoon sugar and cook slowly over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are a rich golden brown, about 25 minutes. Onions can be made ahead of time, covered and refrigerated for 2-3 days. Reheat in microwave or reheat gently in skillet.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.