Chili Lime Crab Cakes with Chipotle Avocado Mayonnaise
- 1 lb. backfin crab meat
- 10 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbs ranch dressing
- 2 tsp. Oriental chili garlic paste
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbs cilantro
- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- Sauce:1 medium avocado, roughly mashed
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Prepare Sauce:Combine mayonnaise, chili powder, avocado, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl and blend well. Chill.
- Prepare Cakes:In a large mixing bowl, gently combine crab meat, crackers, egg, ranch dressing, garlic paste, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Form into 4-6 crab cakes.
- Sauté in olive oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with dollops of avocado mayonnaise.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.