Pesto Pasta with Baked Ricotta and Roasted Vegetables
- 1 zucchini thinly sliced
- 5 asparagus spears chopped
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- 2 Tbs fresh pesto
- 3 Tbs ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbs Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs Asiago cheese, grated
- 4 pitted Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 Roma tomato, finely sliced
- 2 Tbs Fontina cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine sliced zucchini, asparagus, sea salt, and minced garlic; drizzle with olive oil. Marinate vegetables in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Spread vegetables onto a cookie sheet and bake for 5 to10 minutes per side. Remove from oven, set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Turn oven up to 400°F.
- Boil water and cook angel hair pasta for about 7 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and add 2Tbs of fresh pesto. Stir to combine.
- In a bowl, mix together ricotta, Parmesan, Asiago, olives, and oregano. Set aside
- Spray an oven-safe dish with cooking spray. Make two mounds of pesto-covered pasta. Top the pasta with ricotta cheese mixture and tomato slices.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To serve, arrange on a plate surrounded with roasted vegetables.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.