Persian Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- 4 diced tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers, peeled
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Dressing:1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Start by building the dressing. In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Add mint and parsley. Cut the cucumber, tomatoes (peeling optional), and green onions and add to the bowl.
- Allow to sit for at least an hour before serving.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.