Penne with Sausages and Broccoli
- 12 oz penne pasta, uncooked
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 12 oz Italian sausage, in bulk (removed from casing)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup water
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook penne pasta in rapidly boiling water until done. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and sauté until the garlic turns brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Brown sausage in the same pan and cook until done through, about 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli and water to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally. The sausage will be crumbly and mixed in with the broccoli.
- Transfer penne to skillet and cook for 2 minutes, stirring to thoroughly combine ingredients.
- Top with the crisp garlic bits and serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.