Pecos Red Stew
- 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, or sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 Tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper, crushed
- 2 14 1/2 oz cans chicken broth
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled, cubed (1-inch)
- 2 cups kernel corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 16 oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- Heat oil in Dutch oven. Brown pork over medium-high heat. Stir in onions, green pepper, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, oregano, salt, red pepper and chicken broth. Cover; cook over medium-low heat for 45-55 minutes or until pork is tender. Add potatoes, corn and beans. Cover; cook 15-20 minutes longer.
Serving Suggestion: It's great with corn bread and a combo of sliced oranges and pineapple.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.