Pear PB&J Bouquet
- 1 Bartlett or Anjou pear
- 8 tsp peanut butter
- 4 tsp strawberry preserves
- 8 slices whole grain wheat bread
- Use flower-shaped cookie cutter to cut each slice of bread. If bread sticks to cutter, gently push the petals out with your fingers.
- Wash the pear and dry it with a paper towel. Cut the pear in half, and remove the core. Cut each pear half into four slices, then cut each slice into five pieces. Use the center three pieces of each slice. You can save the end pieces for a snack, later.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of peanut butter, in a circle, in the center of each of the flowers.
- Place 3 pieces of pear on the peanut butter on each flower. Arrange the pears so the skin is facing out and the white centers are touching in the middle.
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of strawberry preserves in the center of each flower and over the pears.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.