Pear, Gorgonzola, and Walnut Pizza
- 1 Bosc or Red Anjou pear
- 2 pre-baked pizza crusts, 8-inch
- 2/3 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnuts, diced
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves, fresh, removed from stem
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Slice pear stem side up into 12 quarter-inch width vertical planks. Cut planks in half lengthwise for a total of 24 pear slices.
- Place pizza crusts on foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle 1/3 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons walnuts over each crust. Place 12 pear slices on top of cheese mixture, on each pizza. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes until cheese is melted and pears are soft.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with thyme. Cut each pizza into 6 slices and serve.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.