Pear Chicken Curry
- 2 ripe pears, divided
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ginger, ground
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 3 chicken breasts, halves, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes (1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 can light coconut milk (14 oz)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Peel and core 1 pear; puree and set aside.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, curry powder, garlic, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and pepper and sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are transparent.
- Add chicken, and continue to sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Add pureed pear, coconut milk and raisins. Simmer for 5 minutes. Core and cut remaining pear into 1/2-inch cubes and add to curry. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.