Pear and Walnut Rice Salad With Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
- 3 cups cooked medium or long grain brown rice
- 1 large firm pear, such as Anjou or Bartlett, cored and diced
- 3 medium green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup prepared vinaigrette (garlic, herb or raspberry)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients in medium bowl; toss to coat. Serve immediately over lettuce leaves and top with dried cranberries, if desired.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.