Peanutty Noodles with Chicken
- 12 oz linguine, uncooked
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
- 1 Tbs teriyaki sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 2 tsp ginger root, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, natural-style (no added fat or sugar)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 Tbs rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (or hot chili oil)
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- Cook linguine in a large pot of rapidly boiling water.
- While pasta is cooking, grill, broil or microwave chicken brushed with teriyaki sauce.
- In a small saucepan, heat one tsp oil (5mL) over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add chicken broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar and red pepper flakes; mix well and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove peanut sauce from heat and keep warm.
- Heat one tsp oil in a large skillet or wok. Add carrots and stir fry for 1–2 minutes. Add red pepper and continue stir frying until tender. Remove from heat
- Combine vegetables, linguine and peanut sauce in a large bowl.
- Portion linguine onto plates. Cut hot chicken into strips and lay on top of pasta.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.