Peanut Sauce Lamb Satay
- 1-1/4 pounds American Lamb bonless leg, well-trimmed
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice
- 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- wood skewers soaked in water
- Cut lamb into strips 1/4-inch thick, 3 inches long and 1-inch wide, and place in 2-quart glass baking dish; add lime juice and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Drain lamb strips. Thread strips on metal or wooden skewers.
- To GrillCook over medium-hot coals. Grill 4 inches from coals for 6 to 7 minutes or until desired degree of doneness; turn frequently.
- To broilPlace on broiler rack 4 inches from heat source. Broil 7 to 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness; turn once. Drain pineapple chunks; reserve juice.
- Peanut SauceIn small saucepan, combine peanut butter and pineapple juice. Cook and stir over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Thread several pineapple chunks on each skewer. Serve with peanut sauce.
Cooking Lamb: Lamb should be juicy and tender when cooked. Tender lamb cuts can be prepared using dry heat - roasting, broiling, grilling, pan-broiling and pan-frying. Less tender cuts are best prepared using moist heat - braising and stewing.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.