- 3/4 cup diced onions
- 3/4 cup diced leeks
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 2 1/2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 1 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large saucepan, sauté onions, leeks and scallions in olive oil until onions are translucent. Add garlic and peas and sauté for 2 minutes. Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add chives and mint and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a blender container and puree until smooth. Add salt and pepper.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.