Pasta with Olives and Feta
- 8 oz bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups red peppers, cut into stips
- 1/4 cup water, (or stock)
- 10 kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 oz feta cheese*, crumbled (1 cup)
- In a large pot, heat water to a boil. Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion and sauté until tender. Add garlic and stir in peppers. Cook for 2 minutes, then add water and cover, simmering until peppers are tender. Stir in olives, oregano, crushed red pepper, and black pepper.
- Drain pasta and add to pepper mixture. Add feta cheese and toss well.
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.